Whilst the role of PLM is about information, how it is produced and handled, disseminated and shared, its goals have an impact on the whole business of any company engaged in its practices. What is most important when considering and looking at a PLM system?
Sales order configuration
Sales configuration offers the logic and questions to generate a specific Bill Of Materials or collection of parts. There is no other way of generating this solution.
Linked to the extranet functionality (see other blog post) many of our customers allow their customers to configure products inside Sovelia.
Want to start a challenging conversation with your customers?
- Would it be nice if you could configure options for the BOMs?
- Would you like to add price into your product?
- How do you include spare parts or non-designed items to the BOM?
- At the end of the process would you like a quote sent out to the customer?
Example of areas where Sovelia PLM configurator template helps you:
- Configurable BOMs
- Capturing the current states of your product
- Access for customers to configure their own products
- Access for your sales team to configure the right products
- Putting people at the heart of the decision process
More areas and benefits on the Configurator product web site.[link]
Autodesk Vault can be customised to automatically trigger and take care of some mundane tasks for you. The only problem is, you have to be a coder to put these in place and, once in place, further code change may be needed when your processes need to change. Sovelia Vault offers a configurable add in to Autodesk Vault that any competent administrator can adjust and use.
By monitoring and recording Sovelia PLM company can build up a set of data that can be used for many different purposes, but primarily to budget effectively and improve performance.