The role of the Sovelia PLM Extranet is two fold; to collaborate both with members of the organisation and the members of the supply chain outside of the company firewall. It provides a safe and robust way to collaborate and distribute information with external parties.
Sales order configuration
Sales configuration offers the logic and questions to generate a specific Bill Of Materials or collection of parts. There is no other way of generating this solution.
Linked to the extranet functionality (see other blog post) many of our customers allow their customers to configure products inside Sovelia.
Want to start a challenging conversation with your customers?
- Would it be nice if you could configure options for the BOMs?
- Would you like to add price into your product?
- How do you include spare parts or non-designed items to the BOM?
- At the end of the process would you like a quote sent out to the customer?
Example of areas where Sovelia PLM configurator template helps you:
- Configurable BOMs
- Capturing the current states of your product
- Access for customers to configure their own products
- Access for your sales team to configure the right products
- Putting people at the heart of the decision process
More areas and benefits on the Configurator product web site.[link]
The way the product gets designed isn't necessarily the way to assemble the product. The "as designed" Engineering Bill of Materials (BOM) needs to be reordered so that the product can be effectively assembled. Sovelia PLM includes tools to reorder the Engineering BOM to a view that better suits production.
Complete visibility of the product definition, everything that is needed to sell, manufacture and deliver the product, then service the product afterwards is part of our Bill of Materials strategy.