Sales configuration offers the logic and questions to generate a specific bill of materials or collection of parts. There is no other way of generating this solution.
Production Process planning
The way your product gets designed isn't necessarily the way to assemble the product. The "as designed" Engineering Bill of Materials (BOM) needs to be reordered so that the product can be effectively assembled. Sovelia PLM includes tools to reorder the Engineering BOM to a view that better suits production.
Production Process planning from Sovelia PLM perspective is the action of mapping between the two environments. Component Assignment is sometimes another way of describing this and is also sometimes a task that the ERP system may perform. ERP tools tend to be more complexed to use and don't automatically update if the engineering BOM changes. There can be many different phases in the production process that need to be mapped to the Engineering BOM. A question to ask: Is this item in the Engineering BOM part of the Production process and is it relevant?
Then taking this process one step further we can look at the Production View inside Sovelia PLM and seamlessly export the information to your ERP system.
Want to start a challenging conversation within your Organisation?
- Do production currently use your CAD data?
- Are production documenting their processes?
- Do production want to reorder the "as designed" information?
- Do you want to track production information automatically in ERP?
Examples of how Sovelia PLM Production Process planning helps you
- Capture production process order
- Export production process information automatically to ERP
- Change the Engineering BOM and the production view allowing ERP information to update automatically.
- Specific tools for the production process planning team.
The role of the Sovelia PLM Extranet is two fold; to collaborate both with members of the organisation and the members of the supply chain outside of the company firewall. It provides a safe and robust way to collaborate and distribute information with external parties.
Complete visibility of the product definition, everything that is needed to sell, manufacture and deliver the product, then service the product afterwards is part of our Bill of Materials strategy.