Whilst the role of PLM is about information, how it is produced and handled, disseminated and shared, its goals have an impact on the whole business of any company engaged in its practices. What is most important when considering and looking at a PLM system?
Installed base management (What did we deliver)
Are all your products the same?
The answer is no.
Although the Bill of Materials can be identical for every product, every product is different. Difference starts at the materials you may use, the serial numbers of parts used and test reports of each product. In fact, every product from your production line is unique.
Installed base is the Sovelia PLM template that takes a standard Bill of materials and makes it unique for every product that is delivered. You can categorize according to the service requirements, including possible spare parts or maintenance services.
Does your company need to do one of the following?
- Do you have to track individual serial numbers or product information?
- Are your products made from bought in items that you need to track?
- Do your delivered products have an afterlife? Are you in charge of maintaining them?
Example of areas where Sovelia PLM Installed base management helps you
- Assign individual information to your products
- Create unique Bill of Materials for each delivered product
- Add and track a service element to your products
- Generate unique spare part lists
Autodesk Vault can be customised to automatically trigger and take care of some mundane tasks for you. The only problem is, you have to be a coder to put these in place and, once in place, further code change may be needed when your processes need to change. Sovelia Vault offers a configurable add in to Autodesk Vault that any competent administrator can adjust and use.
By monitoring and recording Sovelia PLM company can build up a set of data that can be used for many different purposes, but primarily to budget effectively and improve performance.