Sales configuration offers the logic and questions to generate a specific bill of materials or collection of parts. There is no other way of generating this solution.
Engineering Change Management - Managing the process of change
Image: Workflow of Engineering Change Management process.
Engineering Change Request (ECR) can be started by anyone in the organisation with Production being the most likely source. But it also could be customers that start the process. Now that you have the request, how do you inform people and manage the implementation discussion? Follow the process through that results hopefully in an approval.
Engineering Change Order (ECO) is implementing the change and managing it’s introduction into the design or Bill of Materials or production environment.
Implementation Note (IN) captures the outcome of the change process with information such as, what is the cost, what was the implementation date, what stage in the production cycle does the change come into effect.
Does your organisation have answers to these questions?
- How do you capture (product, process, production) change within your organisation?
- It isn't always the design department that starts the change process, so where does the change process in your organisation begin?
- What tools are available in the organisation for anyone to capture the need for change?
Examples of how Sovelia PLM Engineering Change Management helps capture change
Image: Connection of the Engineering Change process elements
- Web client access for anyone in the organisation to start a change request
- Role-based approval process
- Create the Engineering change request/order from inside the Bill of Materials
- Industry standard workflows to help create the process
- Link the item revision to the Change order process (new change, new revision)
The role of the Sovelia PLM Extranet is two fold; to collaborate both with members of the organisation and the members of the supply chain outside of the company firewall. It provides a safe and robust way to collaborate and distribute information with external parties.
The way the product gets designed isn't necessarily the way to assemble the product. The "as designed" Engineering Bill of Materials (BOM) needs to be reordered so that the product can be effectively assembled. Sovelia PLM includes tools to reorder the Engineering BOM to a view that better suits production.