Two Sovelia add-ons to Autodesk software are being introduced to all AU attendees this year, Sovelia Vault for Vault users and Sovelia Visualizer for Inventor users. Attending AU is free, so just click the links below to sign up.
Sovelia PLM release 21.1 now available
This version release includes enhancements and new functionality related to for example support for Single Sign On (SSO) adding more security, Digital bookmarks, Grid configuration optimisation and Hierarchical Data fields enhancements. Expanding the administration tool capability making it easier for Sovelia PLM customers to administer and make changes to the system in an easier way is also a part of the release.
Enhanced and improved security with Single Sign On (SSO)
Sovelia PLM now supports Single Sign On (SSO) functionality adding more security to the use of software. The SSO requires usage of Symetri's Auth0 identity provider (IP).
This is a feature that should be planned with your Symetri consultants to discuss how to introduce the functionality and what the benefits to your organisation could be. Please use the Contact Us page to find out more.
New tagging function to manage personal lists of objects, workflows include grouping objects from multiple locations, saving a list for later use, creating a group to perform the same action on, group to run a subtree search.
Dedicated help for Administrators to make better informed decisions
There are many settings that need to be understood in the administration section of the Browser Client administration tool (HAT). In this release we have added Context specific help pages which means clicking on and ? within the system will take the user to a dedicated section of the Sovelia.com/knowledge base section of the website. This will enable more and deeper help to be added as and when needed, meaning administrators are always in position of the most up to date information. This allows then to make informed decisions about the changes needed.
Log in to Sovelia Knowledge base for full release notes with more videos and information.
The full release of Sovelia PLM 21.1. includes:
- Support for Single Sign On (SSO)
- Digital bookmarks
- Grid configuration optimisation
- Tab counters
- Zero content declutter
- Boost revising with custom scripts
- Download and edit in multiple ways / Download All
- Customising the Sovelia Environment
- Hierarchical Data fields
- More dedicated help for Administrators
- Many security related improvements
- 3rd part security auditing accomplished
- New end point related to user specific tagging
- New download all end point
- Single Sign On (SSO) related additions to ping end point
- Single Sign On (SSO) related additions to server info end point
- ALL groups permission settings in Out of The Box configuration fixed
- Shadow user data model changes required by Sales configurator added
- Example trigger to template DB to prevent 3D object edits (not activated by default)